Friday, July 17, 2020

When One Blue Pill Isn't Enough

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I've had these problems before, in fact most men do. Sometimes it's all mental, and sometimes it's physical. It happens to all men at my age from time to time. Despite our desire and motivation, we need a little help. Usually one pill takes care of our problem and we're able to make the things happen that we want to complete. But when we can't make it happen, we need even more of a boost. For me, I'm forced to admit that I needed a second little blue pill today.


I hurt my back taking a dump this morning. Seriously people, how do you hurt your back making the turn to drop the kids off at the pool? Well, I did it. I woke up this morning planning to get a lot of domestic duties done today. The sink was full of dishes, and the hamper was full of dirty laundry. I'm helping the little lady this weekend with an estate sale, so today was my day to get my home chores completed. I had a plan, then it happened.

I just finished my first cup of coffee, things were stirring as they always do in the morning, and I made my way to take care of business. As I made the turn to have a seat and accomplish the first task of the day, my back had a major spasm and seized up. I slumped onto the stool and was able to complete the duty (or doody) at hand. I sat there for a moment, knowing my agenda for the day had been rendered immaterial. I knew the focus today would now be to quell the pain in my lower back and recover well enough for the weekend's estate sale.

I took a little blue pill (Aleve) and waited for things to calm down. I waited, and I waited, and I waited. Eventually, I took a second little blue pill and the spasm relaxed and the immediate pain went away. The stiffness in my back began to go away. As hard as it was to move earlier, it became easier to find a position that would allow me to thrust forward into the day and ultimately climax when had finished all of the things on my "to do" list. I'm grateful modern medicine has allowed me to perform like a grown man.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha clever!
    I hope it all settles down soon (well, at least for part of the time!)

    ReplyDelete