Sunday, July 26, 2020

Could I be right?

In general, I am NOT a conspiracy therorist. I don't believe in a "deep state." I don't question everything those in authority tell me unless the facts and science make sense to me. But there are times I can look at things, the big picture that surrounds them, and scratch my head and think... "what if this the end game?"

The times and circumstances we live in give me pause and free my mind to wander. In general I don't indulge these fantasies, but if there is enough space to allow me to ponder, and the supporting evidence leads in that direction, I can assemble a scenario that makes enough sense to be plausible. This is one of those occasions. Therefore I present the following possibility...

(1) The current occupant of the White House has been informed by experts that he could expect approximately 200,000 dead from COVID-19 by November, no matter what efforts would be put forth by any federal, regional, state or local body put into place.

(2) Knowing this is the target number, he (or his more intelligent advisors) could allow enough Americans to die at a pace that would not surpass this target number.

(3) As September rolls into focus, the election would be two months away and the current occupant of the White House could claim that deaths were less than projected (a win) and that life (including schooling) was safe to continue.

(4) October emerges into focus. The narrative from the White House is that schools have reopened and that the country has successfully conquered the virus.

(5) Election day arrives and the current occupant of the White House claims that deaths from COVID-19 are either below or equal to projections in July. The "undecided" at this point lean towards him and make battleground states in play.

And the scenario is complete. The current occupant of the White House just let "enough" people to die that he could claim victory over the virus compared to projections. More importantly, he's given undecided voters in battleground states enough to sway them in his direction. He's traded lives (that he was told might perish anyway) for votes.

Like I said... I don't prescribe to conspiracy theories. But if I were to assemble one, this is what it may look like.




1 comment:

  1. some conspiracy theories seem to make a lot of sense and this one certainly fits the way the current occupant does things. He might have needed somebody else to think it up for him!

    ReplyDelete